Saturday, June 12, 2010

Latest Camera Club News

Well, Results Night was a few weeks ago. I didn't get a ribbon. Disappointed? Yes. I wasn't thrilled with the judges' comments about the background (the dated wallpaper that I live with on a daily basis) and a comment about my daughter's red Spiderman slippers competing with the rest of the photo. She's three!! If I tried to get her to take them off for the sake of composition I wouldn't have been able to capture the beautiful smile or catch-light in her eyes. And based on the judges' comments about a professional photographer's contest photo, mine was much more clear. Oh, well. Next time there will be different judges. And I have learned to pay more attention. Maybe it should have been B&W.

The contests for 2010-2011 were announced on Wednesday night. I'm not too keen on the themes. I didn't find them overly exciting but I'll give it my best. I'm only competing with myself and my goal is to become a better photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment